The Cabin is a Cam Academy Trust provision across four of its schools with the only primary phase one being located here at Gamlingay VP from 2020.
Our vision is to be a centre of excellence for the education of students with autism.
We recognise that young children are active learners who learn through exploring, playing, observing and experimenting through their senses. The children have opportunities to interpret their environment, learning to make choices for themselves and to grow in confidence, understanding their value and respect for others.
We focus on helping them to settle into school routines, have fun playing and learning alongside other children and giving them the individual help they need to thrive, whilst encouraging children to become more independent in what they can do and to concentrate on early reading, writing, communication and number skills.
To achieve this, we offer support in mainstream lessons, small groups or on an individual basis.
Our mission is to provide a broad and balanced education where students are supported to fully develop their academic and social potential.
Our aims are:
- To be a model of excellence for integration into mainstream school.
- To provide a place of safety and belonging as well as a place of challenge.
- To promote social communication.
- To promote the use of person-centred learning plans to offer a broad, balanced, differentiated curriculum.
- To provide effective guidance and realistic but challenging expectations using clear goals and a consistent approach.
- To provide a place where each student is valued as an individual and given the support to help them cope with whatever they find challenging.