At Gamlingay Village Primary, our key aims in supporting each child’s wellbeing, are to help support each child to:-
- Recognise their own strengths and difficulties.
- Develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Work and play co-operatively.
- Compete fairly, win and lose with grace and dignity and respect all others.
- Recover from setbacks and persist in the face of difficulties.
- Make and sustain friendships.
- Recognise and stand up for their own rights and the rights of others.
- Be able to solve problems alone and with the help of others.
- Manage feelings such as frustration, anger and anxiety.
- Understand and value the differences between people.
We believe that by nurturing each child’s well-being, children will become effective and successful learners.
More information on how we do this is available in the downloadable document on the left-hand side of this page.