We take pride in the appearance of the children in our school and we encourage them to wear school uniform.
We believe that a good, positive attitude to appearance promotes similar attitudes to other aspects of school life.
However we also recognise that purchasing school uniform can be expensive so we have worked hard both to minimise the number of badged items and to source these at the best possible price.
The school uniform comprises:
- A royal blue school sweatshirt or royal blue cardigan (badged or unbadged)
- White polo or collared shirts (badged or unbadged)
- Grey skirts, shorts or trousers (unbadged)
- Sensible black shoes.
- During the summer months the girls may also wear a summer dress with blue or checks.
- School Fleece and/or reversible showerproof jacket (badged) – Optional
- Wellington Boots (Reception only)
- We also recommend all children in Reception and KS1 have a school bookbag
All children require:
- a light blue collarless T-shirt (unbadged).
- navy shorts
- plimsolls or trainers with spare socks (Reception – for Summer Term only)
- A drawstring or sports bag to keep them in. PE bags are available from the school office.
- Blue sweatshirt or fleece (KS2 only)
- Blue or black jogging or tracksuit bottoms (KS2 only)
Gamlingay Village Primary School uses My Clothing to supply all our badged items. Please click on this link to go directly to the online ordering page: GVP Uniform They also supply bookbags as well as a number of unbadged items, which are, of course, available from other outlets.
Please be aware that delivery during the summer months is likely to be longer than at other times in the year.
- All clothes, shoes and other possessions should be clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Jewellery can be dangerous and children with pierced ears should only wear small plain studs to school. These cannot be worn during PE lessons and must be removed.
- Hair should be worn in a sensible and neat style. Long hair should be fastened back into a plait or pony tail and must be tied up for PE.